Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian

If you read my previous post, you know that I had been kicking around the idea of vegetarianism. Well, I have decided to go for it.

When it came down to it, it wasn't really that hard of a decision for me to make. I started doing some research and the information I found was quite disturbing. It's not just about animal rights, but also about my health. Last year, I went through a period of weight loss. What's funny, is people will accept the dietary changes for weight loss, but not so readily for political or health reasons. That's fine. I don't like to call myself a vegetarian anymore than I did, it's just me. However, I think it will be similar to hearing myself being called "wife." Just because I am not used to being called "wife" doesn't mean I am not one.

Most people aren't aware that there are several types of vegetarians. I'm not going to take the time to lecture you but I will tell you that I'm a Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian. This means I do not eat meat but do eat eggs and dairy products. I am actually really excited about this. I feel it is a new path on my road to developing who I am. Also, I figured out that my diet was mainly vegetarian anyway when I was losing weight and the more positive outcomes from my decision, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment