Friday, May 29, 2009

Yesterday...

...I ran. If only for two minutes at a time (twice) at 5mph, I ran. Today, my left knee hurts. This is a sign. Running is bad. I shall stick to walking... and Pure Barre. If only Pure Barre weren't so darn expensive. With that in mind, I think I'll go to class tomorrow morning.

In other news, I have my two largest weddings so far this year. When I reference their size, I'm not talking about number of guests. I'm talking about the amount of money I'm bringing in. These two events will make my budget for the month for alcohol sales by themselves. This, my friends, makes me look very nice in the eyes of my boss. My department (as far as I know) is the only department in the black. ::toots horn:: ::pats self on the back::

In fact, this weekend I will need three kegs on tap/iced down at once and I only had two muck buckets to put them in. So I went next door to the Tack Shop and asked them how much they charge for an muck bucket (a.k.a 18 gallon bucket). $20.95. Boss approves it. Yay! Then, I go to Walmart and find the exact same thing for $9. I bought that one. I said, "Bill, you'll be proud of me..." and before I can get the rest out he says, "I'm always proud of you." :o) I love my job. BTW, he was happy that I paid $12 less on the bucket. If you have many parties with kegs and want to know what's better than a trash can, use this. I call it a muck bucket because they are used to muck out stalls. If you don't know what that means, google it.

To continue being an attention whore, another co-worker said that I'm the best Event Coordinator The Thoroughbred Center has ever had. In fact, she said I'm better than the Grand Pooh-Bah of TTC's Event Coordinator history. That is a HUGE compliment and makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. It also makes me want to continue doing my job to the best of my abilities.

1 comment: